Workflow Management (formerly Skelta BPM)
The Workflow Management (formerly Skelta Business Process Management) course is a 4-day, instructor-led class designed to provide a fundamental understanding of the features and functionality of the Workflow Management Business Process Management (BPM) software. BPM software is used to design and manage business processes, which include the activity flow of people and systems. The class provides lectures and hands-on labs to illustrate the configuration, definition, execution, and analysis of workflows using the System Platform Extension and Connector for integration with Application Server.
It enables companies to model, execute, analyze, and improve operational processes to drive higher levels of productivity, collaboration, and innovation. The information includes how to design workflows, work with various workflow activities to build processes, assign tasks to individuals or teams, work with database data, design adaptive user interfaces with the help of Workflow Management forms, store form data in databases, use Workflow Management lists, and understand Workflow Management reports.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Model business processes in Workflow Management
- Use workflow activities
- Export and import a workflow
- Provide collaborative approval and decision making
- Handle timeout and escalation
- Create calendars and queues
- Design and create layouts of forms using the Panel form control and tabs
- Work with databases using form controls
- Handle rich data using the Base Form control
- Use lists to add information to repository databases
- Work with reports
- Create, export, and import packages
Who should attend?
System administrators, system integrators, plant floor operators and managers, and other individuals who need to configure or modify Batch Management applications in their manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of the following tools, features and technologies is required:
- Basic understanding of Business Process Management (BPM)
- Basic programming
- Basic XML and Transact-SQL
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – Exploring Workflow Management Features
- Module 3 – Working with Workflow Management Controls
- Module 4 – Forms
- Module 5 – Lists
- Module 6 – Database Operations
- Module 7 – Reporting
- Module 8 – Application Distribution