System Platform Upgrade & InTouch OMI
The System Platform Upgrade course is a 2-day, instructor-led class designed to provide an overview of new features and functionalities provided with Application Server and its new visualisation client InTouch OMI. It covers overall improvements and new features, including Object Wizards, Linked Symbols, Visual Build as well as topics to help you build and deploy an InTouch OMI visualization application (ViewApp). Hands-on labs are provided to reinforce the knowledge necessary to use the new features of Application Server and InTouch OMI.
Upon completion of the System Platform course, you will be able to:
- Identify overall improvements and new features in Application Server
- Use Visual Build to create instances within the Symbol Editor
- Use Linked Symbols to add graphics to automation objects
- Use Object Wizards in derived templates and instances
- Create Object Wizards
The same way, upon completion of the InTouch OMI course, you will be able to:
- Describe the visualization components provided with InTouch OMI
- Work with screen profiles, layouts, and panes
- Create and deploy a ViewApp object
- Work with InTouch OMI in runtime
- Work with content types to enhance navigation in a ViewApp
- Use the Faceplate feature in ArchestrA Symbols
- Implement the Historical Playback feature in a ViewApp
- Implement ViewApp security
- Use ArchestrA Apps
Who should attend?
Existing System Platform and InTouch for SP users who want to learn about the new functionalities offered by the latest release as well as the new HMI client InTouch OMI.
- Knowledge of using the ArchestrA IDE
- Familiarity with the Attributes tab in the Object Editor
- Experience configuring attribute Features
- Experience using and creating ArchestrA Symbols
- Knowledge of working with attribute references
- Experience using and creating Symbol Wizards
- Basic knowledge of using and creating scripts
- Familiarity with the Deployment model
- Familiarity with the Plant model
Day 1 (System Platform Upgrade)
Module 1 – Introduction
- Objectives, prerequisites, intended audience, and agenda for this course.
- Overview of New Features and Improvements: Overview of new features and improvements in Application Server.
- System Requirements and Licensing: system requirements for Application Server and licensing model.
Module 2 – Visual Build
- Introduction to Visual Build: how to use the Visual Build approach to create instances within the Symbol Editor.
Module 3 – Linked Symbols
- Introduction to Linked Symbols: how to use linked symbols in automation objects.
Module 4 – Object Wizards
- Introduction to Object Wizards in automation objects: how to create and configure instances derived from Object Wizards.
- Object Wizard Creation: how to create Object Wizards, including how to add Choice Groups, Choices, and Options. How to associate attributes, symbols, and scripts with Object Wizards, override settings for associated content, and use the Test mode to test how Object Wizards behave in instances.
- Object Wizard derivation and configuration in inherited templates: topics include how to specialize a derived Object Wizard by configuring default settings and how to add more Object Wizards to extend the capabilities in inherited templates.
Day 2 (InTouch OMI)
Module 1 – Introduction to InTouch OMI
- Course Introduction: objectives, prerequisites, intended audience, and agenda for this course.
- InTouch OMI Overview: features and components.
- System Requirements and Licensing model for the InTouch OMI software.
Module 2 – ViewApp, Screen Profiles, and Layouts
- Introduction: screen profiles, layouts, and panes and how they work as part of the framework for a ViewApp.
- Screen Profiles: how to create screen profiles and configure them using the Screen Profile Editor.
- Layouts and Panes: how to create layouts and panes and configure them using the Layout Editor.
- ViewApp: how to create and configure a ViewApp using the ViewApp Editor.
Module 3 – Content Types
- Content Types: how to use content types to specify where content will be displayed in a ViewApp.
Module 4 – Custom Navigation
- Custom Navigation: how to customize the built-in navigation in a ViewApp.
Module 5 – Faceplates
- Faceplate Mode: how to use the Faceplate feature in an ArchestrA Symbol.
Module 6 – Historical Playback
- Historical Playback: how to configure and start the historical playback service and how to implement historical playback in an InTouch OMI ViewApp.
Module 7 – ViewApp Security
- Introduction to ViewApp Security: how to implement security for a ViewApp.
Module 8 – ArchestrA Apps
- Introduction to ArchestrA Apps.
- Map App: Describe the ArchestrA Map App and its configuration.