The AVEVA™ Application Server training course is a 4-day, instructor-led class designed to provide an overview of the features and functionality of Application Server. This course provides lectures and hands-on labs to supply and reinforce the knowledge necessary to use these features and functions for plant modeling.
The class demonstrates how to use Application Server technology to connect to field devices, process data, run scripts, handle alarms, and historize alarms and events. This course also provides a fundamental understanding of application maintenance, real-time alarm recording, and security settings, and describes how to set up redundancy for data acquisition.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a new application
- Model the plant floor
- Employ rapid prototyping using a data simulator
- Acquire data from field devices
- Configure data communication redundancy
- Work with alarm and history configurations in an application
- Maintain application functionality using import and export
- Define the security model for the application
- Apply Application Engine redundancy capabilities
- Implement .NET Scripting to enhance application functionality
- Back up and restore an application
Who should attend?
Production engineers, system administrators and system integrators. Individuals who need to configure or modify Application Server applications.
Knowledge of the following tools, features, and technologies is required:
- Industrial automation software concepts.
- Module 1 – Introduction
- Module 2 – Application Planning
- Module 3 – Application Infrastructure
- Module 4 – Application Objects
- Module 5 – Device Integration
- Module 6 – History
- Module 7 – Alarms and Events
- Module 8 – Object Management
- Module 9 – Security
- Module 10 – Application Redundancy
- Module 11 – Introduction to QuickScript.NET
- Module 12 – Galaxy Backup and Restore