What’s new in Intelligence?
Version 2017 Update 1 offers:
• Direct upgrade path from prior version of Intelligence starting with 2014 R2 to 2017 using the built-in installer resulting in a very simple upgrade process for existing Intelligence customers.
• New data adaptor for Insight. This new adaptor reads data from Insight historian. Intelligence leverages Azure functions on Insight. As new end points in Insight become available in upcoming releases of Insight, customers can make use of these endpoints by installing the appropriate corresponding Azure functions in their Azure environment and customizing them to their application requirements.
• Role-based concurrent licensing for dashboard server (Tableau). Tableau Server now supports new roles allowing users to keep their role with concurrent licensing for: o Viewer o Explorer o Publisher o Site Administrator
• New Standard Edition available. The Standard Edition enables customers to create a solution with up to 2 data sources to evaluate the contextualization features of Intelligence. When the solution needs to extend to more data sources, customers can upgrade to the professional version of Intelligence.
• Intelligence model deployment functions directly in Model Builder. When Intelligence is used for MES Reporting or within some Industry Solutions, the Intelligence model deployment is now done directly in Model Builder. Consequently, Model Builder will be locked down and allow for changing data source credentials, backfill date, and deploying/undeploying the objects.
• Intelligence data adaptors including:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Text Files
- OSIsoft PI OleDB
- eDNA Enterprise Data Management
What is Intelligence?
Intelligence is an enterprise manufacturing intelligence (EMI) solution that automates the extraction, transformation and storage of operational KPIs, metrics and related contextual information across multiple data sources. Delivering user-friendly analytics and dashboard-based monitoring of metrics enables workers and decision makers across the organization to make informed assessments quickly and confidently.
Intelligence software manages the acquisition, aggregation and persistence of operational metrics with both- time stamp and relational context information across multiple data sources. Data sources can include software applications such as including MES, InBatch, Historian, Insight, Ampla, etc., enterprise data and third-party plant sources like historians, MES, Data Lakes and other plant systems.
After deployment of the Intelligence model, the software extracts, transforms and loads data from the historical data source systems into a data store structured according to the designed information model. The software loads the data store by periodically refreshing the current data, while loading historical data in reverse chronological order.
Thus, Intelligence provides an always up-to-date data store, optimized for retrieval. This can be used to monitor key performance indicators in dashboards as well as for responsive root cause analyses for insights into operational performance, sustainability and relationships between operational and business performance.
Intelligence Clients (Tableau Software for Intelligence) provide an award – winning, easy to use selfservice approach to information, empowering stakeholders to create and publish personalized charts, interactive reports and dashboards for collaboration in operational KPI monitoring and analysis.