Bluewater and its customer can now monitor the control and safety systems, both on and offshore, in real time. After replacing the Emerson ProVox and Delta V DCS with an integrated AVEVA control and safety system, Bluewater was able to successfully meet ‘First Oil’ date on time.
- To replace and upgrade the existing integrated control and safety systems
- To achieve ‘First Oil’ on time in order to avoid contract penalties and lost production
- To maximize the availability/uptime of the control and safety systems and to minimize the total cost of ownership
- The Project teams are located in multiple locations, that is, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Germany and Singapore
- Process data from the new ICSS, including serial interfaces, safety systems and new I/Os, were available only in the very late stages before the planned FAT
- The original DCS had to be kept ‘alive’ as long as possible and the existing safety systems had to remain operational with just a few hours available to upgrade
- After replacing the Emerson ProVox and Delta V DCS systems and implementing a new integrated control and safety systems on the Glas Dowr, Bluewater was able to successfully meet ‘First Oil’ date on time
- Bluewater and its customer can now monitor the control and safety systems, both on and offshore, in real time
"The Glas Dowr Kitan project has been a tremendous success. We were impressed with the AVEVA attitude throughout the project and their ‘change the game’ approach. It is one thing to have a good project plan in place, but another to actually execute and deliver."
Ernest Hofstee, Senior Project Manager, Bluewater